THREE friends raised an impressive £1,265 for Campsie View School by climbing Ben Nevis.
Steven MacLean, Ian Speirs and Innes Matheson, members of Kirkintilloch Bible Union and Crown LOL 206, were sponsored by family and friends for the challenge.
The money is being used by Campsie View School, in Lenzie, for its fund to buy a new minibus.
The school was delighted with the donation. Ian Speirs, Innes Matheson and Steven MacLean are pictured.
- Calls for public inquiry over town centre plans
- Fed-up drivers say it’s time to take firm action on potholes in East Dunbartonshire
- Council officers insist that toxic land is safe for school road
- Tickets for top music festival up for grabs in hall fundraiser
- Gas works will mean busy Bishopbriggs road is shut for nearly two months
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west