YOU are being invited to rise with the lark and listen out for the fabulous dawn chorus.
‘Wake Up to Birds’ in Bishopbriggs is a free event, being led by East Dunbartonshire Countryside Rangers, this Sunday between 5am and 6.30am. It is a chance to learn about why birds sing and put your ID skills to the test on this walk around Low Moss. Booking essential – call 0141 956 6586.
If being an early bird isn’t for you, then you could go on an evening walk around Lenzie Moss and listen out for the dusk chorus. The ‘Evening Song’ event is on Thursday, May 24, 7pm to 8.30pm.
Again the event is free and you can book by calling the rangers on 0141 956 6586.
‘Canal Creatures’ is the name of the free event in Bishopbriggs on Sunday, May 27, 2pm to 3pm.
It’s your chance to dip into the Forth and Clyde Canal with the ranger service and see if you can catch a water scorpion, a dragonfly nymph or even a fish!
Meet at the pontoon across the road from the Leisuredrome, Balmuildy Road. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
‘Wildflower Identification for Beginners’ takes place at Merkland Local Nature Reserve, Kirkintilloch, on May 30, 7pm to 8.30pm.
* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...
- Calls for public inquiry over town centre plans
- Fed-up drivers say it’s time to take firm action on potholes in East Dunbartonshire
- Tickets for top music festival up for grabs in hall fundraiser
- Gas works will mean busy Bishopbriggs road is shut for nearly two months
- School memorial library set to be a fitting tribute to tireless councillor
- Osteoporosis drug and heart risk
- Lenzie lift the cup ... and urge people to support the club!
- Lenzie Post Office proposed move will deliver longer opening hours
- Model Springburn schoolgirl Amy set to take to the stage for Miss Scotland Perfect pageant
- Alleged Kirkintilloch town centre shoplifters collared by police
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west