YOU’D need to be crackers to miss the feast of festive of fare and Christmas presents for all ages on offer at a series of special events in East Dunbartonshire in the coming days.
Here is a round-up of some of the Christmas crackers heading your way:
* A Christmas Coffee Morning and Craft Fair is being held by 12th Glasgow (1st Lenzie) Scouts on Saturday (December 1) between 10am and noon in Lenzie Scout Hall, Millersneuk Road. There will be a number of stalls selling hand-made jewellery, glass ornaments, greetings cards, books and fabric goods, as well as home-baking and a tombola. In addition there will be jewellery-making for children and the Cubs will be singing Christmas carols. Entry is free.
* St Machan’s Primary PTA will be holding a Christmas Fair this Friday (November 30) at 6pm in the Lennoxtown school hall. Everyone welcome. All funds raised will go to the school to pay for trips, etc.
* St Helen’s Primary Christmas Fair takes place this Saturday (December 1) from 1pm til 4pm, organised by the Parents Association. There will be a variety of stalls with great Christmas gifts, a raffle, Santa’s Grotto, tea/coffee, hot-dogs, tuck shop and more. Entry is £1, children under 12 free. You are invited to go along, have fun, pay a visit to Santa and support the Bishopbriggs school’s event.
* Woodhill Primary in Bishopbriggs is holding a Christmas Fair this Saturday, December 1. The event has been organised by the PTA to raise money for the school and runs from 11am-1pm. There will be a range of stalls and delicious home-baking. Entry is £1.50 and includes tea/coffee and biscuits. Children get in for free.
* Balmuildy Primary Christmas Fair takes place on Saturday (December 1) at the school in Stirling Drive, Bishopbriggs, and is on from noon-2pm. Entry is £2 for adults and free for kids. Included in the ticket price is a refreshment. Attractions include Santa’s Grotto, raffle, tombola, Christmas stall, nearly-new stall, face-painting and glitter tattoos, sweetie stall, pocket money stall, home-baking, arts and crafts, karaoke, Wii games and hot food. In addition there will be stall holders selling jewellery, handbags, knitting, baby shoes and children’s books.
* Lenzie Primary School and Nursery are holding a Winter Fair on Sunday, December 16, from 1pm-3pm – featuring the Lenzie Great British Bake Off. There will be prizes for the best baking (hand in on the Sunday from 11am). Other attractions include Winterwonderland Grotto with Santa, Ash the balloon man, the Elves Workshop where you can join Lucy Jackson making gifts, tattoos, face-painting, tuck shop, guest stalls selling gifts and crafts, and refreshments. Donations are being sought for the event, which must be either home-crafted or brand new. Items are needed for the raffle and tombola, as well as cake and candy, jams and preserves, and stocking fillers for the gift and wrap stall.
* A Victorian Christmas is being offered at Brackenbrae House, Bishopbriggs, on Saturdays and Sundays – December 1, 2, 8 and 9. It’s your chance to meet Mr and Mrs Claus in their Winter Wonderland setting. The price of £4.50 includes Christmas crafts, present from Santa and a personal audience with the special couple. You are invited to see Brackenbrae House in all its Victorian splendour, with displays of 3D decoupage, embroidered cards, beading and parchment craft – all made at classes held daily. There will also be Christmas gifts to buy, refreshments, home-baking, book stall and Christingles. The event is on between 10am and 4pm on the Saturdays and 1pm-5pm on the Sundays. In addition, carols will be sung by candlelight at the front door of Brackenbrae House on Sunday, December 9, at 5pm.
* St Flannan’s Primary School in Kirkintilloch is holding a Christmas Fair this Sunday (December 2). The event has been organised by the PTA and runs from 11am to 2pm. You can visit Santa’s Grotto and there will be a wide variety of Christmas stalls, all very reasonably priced. There will also be tombola, face painting and a cafe. The school choir will be
performing some Christmas carols.
* Auchinairn Primary School is holding a Christmas Fair this Friday (December 30). The event takes place from 7pm-9pm. There will be lots on offer, including hand-made chocolates and soaps, candles, homeware, jewellery, and Christmas gifts. There will also be Santa’s Grotto, a raffle and home-baking. Entry is £1 for adults and children get in for free.
* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail email@example.com
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...