Bishopbriggs firefighters race to kitchen blaze

editorial image
0
Have your say

A KITCHEN fire filled an entire street with smoke when it broke out last Thursday.

Two fire engines from Springburn and one from Bishopbriggs attended the blaze on Liddesdale Road, in Milton, at around 8.05am.

The fire was in a third-floor flat and firefighters believe it was cooking related.

When they arrived at the site, the street was filled with smoke and they managed to put out the blaze before it spread.

One female occupant was treated for smoke inhalation on site.

People are being reminded to check that they have a working smoke detector following this fire.

Anyone who wants to arrange a home safety fire visit from Springburn Fire Station should call 0141 558 2223.

* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail kirkyherald@jnscotland.co.uk

Alternatively you can call the newsdesk 0141 775 0040, find us on Facebook or visit us on Twitter

Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...