Blaze at beauty salon causes severe damage

fire
fire

STAFF and residents were evacuated after a fire broke out at a beauty salon.

Firefighters rushed to the Studio One premises, in Lenzie Road, Kirkintilloch, yesterday at around 5pm.

Two members of staff at the beauty and skincare salon and residents from the flats above were evacuated.

A spokesperson for Kirkintilloch Fire Station said the blaze had started in a treatment room after a highly flammable liquid spilled next to a candle.

Crews from Kirkintilloch and Bishopbriggs spent two hours at the scene.

No-one was injured during the fire, but one of the rooms was severely damaged and the full premises was badly hit by smoke.

* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail kirkyherald@jnscotland.co.uk

Alternatively you can call the newsdesk 0141 775 0040, find us on Facebook or visit us on Twitter

Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...