A HISTORIC soap making business has suffered major damage in a fire.
The store building at Caurnie Soap was gutted by the blaze on Monday night.
It’s understood the incident at the Kirkintilloch business is being treated as wilful fire raising.
Firefighters were at the scene in Canal Lane until the early hours of Tuesday morning.
Materials and several orders for customers were destroyed as well as a forklift truck costing thousands of pounds.
Luckily, the fire didn’t spread to the soaperie building.
Owner of the family-run business, Jim Little, said: “I’m shaken by this. It’s a terrible blow to the company. It couldn’t have come at a worst time, with Country Living shows coming up in London and Glasgow.”