KIND-hearted vets have come to the rescue of a beauty salon gutted by a fire.
Studio One, in Townhead, Kirkintilloch, was left severely damaged by the blaze recently.
Salon owner Lynn Kane was handling nail polish remover in one of the treatment rooms, where a tea-light candle was burning, when the flames erupted.
The salon has moved into the former Ballantine and Martin vet premises.
Lynn said: “The owner of the vets has said I can stay as long as I need to.
“We’ll be here a couple of months anyway. Until the insurance comes through we can’t do a great deal.
“At the moment we can offer treatments such as waxing, manicures and pedicures and spray tans.”
Luckily, Lynn only suffered minor burns to her fingers, although the premises were gutted.
* Have you got a comment? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site. Please note comments may be reprinted in the newspaper.