BUILDINGS within areas such as Kirkintilloch, Lenzie, Bishopbriggs and Milton of Campsie could be eligible for special cash boosts.
The council launched a £30,000 fund last May to help restore and improve listed buildings and properties within conservation and townscape protection areas.
Nine months on, the Heritage Grant Fund has allocated just over £7,200 to four local householders.
Eligible areas include – Bishopbriggs, Clachan of Campsie, Lenzie, Kirkintilloch, Baldernock, Bardowie and Cadder (see below).
Councillor Billy Hendry, convener of the development and infrastructure committee, is encouraging more people to think about applying to the fund.
He said: “The aim of the fund is to encourage works which will maintain and enhance the character and amenity of historic buildings and areas.
“We recognise the higher cost which may be incurred when using traditional materials and methods so this fund is designed to ease that burden.
“We’ve had some enquiries and a few successful applicants, but the bulk of the fund remains available and I’d encourage anyone who thinks they may be eligible to give us a ring to discuss the position.
“Initially the fund was to be available only until March 2012, but it has been extended for another 12 months and I hope it can go to good use.”
The cashpot is intended primarily for residential properties, but applications may be considered for commercial or other buildings, subject to a reasonable ceiling.
Grants can be awarded to a maximum of 15 per cent, with a maximum payment of £3,000 per address. Only one application can be made per financial year for work to an individual property.
In general only works which relate to repair and improvement are eligible for a grant. The works must retain or restore the original style and character of the building.
Grants will not be payable for conversions, modernisation, routine maintenance such as painting, provision or renewal of services or decoration. Call 0141 578 8600 for more information.
* Tannoch Conservation Area
* Milngavie Town Centre Conservation Area
* Old Bearsden Outstanding Conservation Area
* Westerton Garden Suburb Outstanding Conservation Area
* Baldernock Conservation Area
* Bardowie Outstanding Conservation Area
* Cadder Outstanding Conservation Area
* Coltpark/Stuart Drive Conservation Area
* Clachan of Campsie Conservation Area
* Lenzie Conservation Area
* South Lenzie Conservation Area
* Central Kirkintilloch Conservation Area
* Balmuildy Road/Kirkintilloch Road, Bishopbriggs Conservation Area
* Milngavie Reservoirs Conservation Area
Townscape Protection Areas:
* Ruskin Square, Bishopbriggs
* Viewfield Road area, Bishopbriggs
* Boghall and Barnellan
* Wester Gartshore, Kirkintilloch
* Crosshill Road area, Lenzie
* Auchinloch Road area, Lenzie
* Heath Avenue area, Lenzie
* Alexandra Avenue area, Lenzie
* “Seven Sisters,” Lenzie
* Douglas Avenue area, Lenzie
* Kirkintilloch Road/Willow Avenue area, Lenzie
* Bankhead Road, Waterside
* Ferguson Avenue area, Milngavie
* Keystone Avenue area, Milngavie
* Mugdock Road area, Milngavie
* Clober Road area, Milngavie
* Pendicle Road, Bearsden
* Whitehurst, Bearsden
* Baldernock Road area, Milngavie