A TERRIFIED family of four were led to safety after a fire broke out in the kitchen of their Kirkintilloch flat – prompting a fresh warning over smoke alarms.
Firefighters removed two adults and two children from the property in Clarinda Court recently.
Crews from both Bishopbriggs and Kirkintilloch Community Fire Stations responded to the incident, with two firefighters in breathing gear using a high-pressure hose to extinguish the flames.
The residents were passed to the care of the Scottish Ambulance Service personnel while Strathclyde Fire and Rescue crews worked to clear smoke from the property.
The four casualties, along with a female police officer, were taken to the Glasgow Royal Infirmary to receive precautionary check-ups.
A fire service spokesperson said: “The importance of every home being protected by working smoke alarms simply cannot be overstated.
“In the event of a fire, having a working smoke alarm on every level will ensure you and your family have time to get to safety.
“Fire can strike anywhere at any time. We need every member of the public to help us prevent a tragedy and make sure they live in a fire safe home.”
To arrange a free Home Fire Safety Visit for you or someone you know, call Strathclyde Fire and Rescue on 0800 0731 999 or text “check” to 61611.
The incident took place at around 8.50pm on Saturday, February 16.
* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...