Firefighters tackle chip pan blaze at Lennoxtown house

editorial image

A KITCHEN went up in smoke last week after a chip pan caught fire at a house in Lennoxtown.

Firefighters from Kirkintilloch and Bishopbriggs fire stations attended the blaze in Janefield Place, at around 1.30am, on Friday, June 1.

Fire crews used breathing apparatus sets and two hose reels to extinguish the blaze.

A resident living at the house where the fire took place said: “The kitchen was gutted”.

No-one was injured during the fire.

* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail kirkyherald@jnscotland.co.uk

Alternatively you can call the newsdesk 0141 775 0040, find us on Facebook or visit us on Twitter

Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...