31k visitors to the new-look library/Hub – what’s your view?
THE controversial Kirkintilloch Hub is celebrating after welcoming over 30,000 visitors in the first month – but what do you think?
There was a public outcry when the shock plans were sprung in the summer – when it was announced the library would effectively close for nearly three months to allow the building to be gutted and converted into a Hub.
East Dunbartonshire Council is trumpeting the success of the facility.
Since the Hub opened its doors on August 27, a total of 31,270 customers have visited, accessing a range of services including Council Tax, benefits, licensing, housing, general enquiries, library services, leisure services, arts and events.
* 983 customers were ‘casual callers’
* 848 attended for revenues and benefits enquires
* 214 had licensing queries.
* 3,364 customers visited the information and archives section of the library on the first floor
* Library employees dealt with 3,602 enquiries since the library reopened
* Customers borrowed 7,909 books and media, with 1,231 items being issued through the new self-service machines
The Hub was developed to deliver a new, flexible ‘one stop shop’ approach to customer services to make it easier for residents to access and get information about a variety of different services and make payments for them in just one visit.
What do you think of the new set-up? Are sad to see the library changed or does it reflect changing times and changing reading habits?
Is it a better use of an under-used facility or has the library been sacrificed to save cash?
* Have you got a comment? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site. Please note comments may be reprinted in the newspaper.
- Fed-up drivers say it’s time to take firm action on potholes in East Dunbartonshire
- Calls for public inquiry over town centre plans
- Council officers insist that toxic land is safe for school road
- East Dunbartonshire community still split over new recycling regime
- Tickets for top music festival up for grabs in hall fundraiser
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: South west
Temperature: 7 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South