Christmas has not been cancelled in Kirkintilloch, insists cash-strapped council
RUMOURS that a town’s Christmas festivities will be cancelled have been dismissed as humbug by council chiefs.
A trader contacted the Herald last week claiming that the traditional Christmas lights switch-on in the town centre was to be scrapped this year. The event traditionally takes place at the end of November and features entertainment, stalls and fireworks.
But David Devine, East Dunbartonshire Council’s head of roads and neighbourhood services, said the event would go ahead as normal.
* Have you got a comment? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site. Please note comments may be reprinted in the newspaper.
- Osteoporosis drug and heart risk
- Lenzie Post Office proposed move will deliver longer opening hours
- Lenzie lift the cup ... and urge people to support the club!
- Alleged Kirkintilloch town centre shoplifters collared by police
- Pioneering Bishopbriggs volunteer teams up with National Autistic Society to change lives
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 26 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North