Could this be Kirkintilloch’s biggest pothole?
ROADS chiefs have promised to repair a “lethal” pothole after complaints from residents.
The massive hole at the side of the road at the corner of Luggiebank Road and Freeland Place, in Kirkintilloch, is so large that it’s threatening to swallow up a drain cover.
One resident said: “It’s been getting worse for months but nothing seems to have been done about it.
“It’s dangerous for drivers but also for pedestrians crossing the road because it’s so deep. It’s lethal - particularly since the road isn’t that well lit so somebody could step off the pavement right into the hole without seeing it.
“I don’t understand how it’s not been picked up by anybody at the council. I thought they carried out regular inspections but that’s apparently not the case.”
David Devine, East Dunbartonshore Council’s head of roads and neighbourhood services, said: “We had no report of the pothole, which has since been inspected and is to be repaired as a matter of priority.”
* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...
- Osteoporosis drug and heart risk
- Lenzie Post Office proposed move will deliver longer opening hours
- Lenzie lift the cup ... and urge people to support the club!
- Alleged Kirkintilloch town centre shoplifters collared by police
- School memorial library set to be a fitting tribute to tireless councillor
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west