Dancing with joy after raising £1,000 to help sick kids
A DAZZLING dance school has raised £1,000 to help sick babies.
Rosebank Dancing School in Kirkintilloch held their annual dance show recently in aid of The Princess Royal Maternity special care baby unit.
Principal dance teacher Christine Bankier decided to raise the cash for the hospital because of the treatment her twins, Paul and Daniel, received there four years ago.
They were born 10 weeks prematurely and since their birth Christine and the dance school, which operates out of St Columbus Church, have raised cash for the unit.
Christine, the dance teachers and students would like to thank everyone who contributed and made the show a success.
Christine and her twins are pictured handing over a cheque to staff at the unit.
* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...
- Osteoporosis drug and heart risk
- Lenzie Post Office proposed move will deliver longer opening hours
- Lenzie lift the cup ... and urge people to support the club!
- Alleged Kirkintilloch town centre shoplifters collared by police
- School memorial library set to be a fitting tribute to tireless councillor
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east