End in sight for major gas works in Kirkintilloch
WORKS to replace gas pipes at two schools and a monastery are taking place in Kirkintilloch.
Roadworks have been in place in Waterside Road since last October, but the end is finally in sight for beleaguered motorists and residents.
Scotland Gas Networks (SGN) is carrying out a £176,000 gas mains upgrade in the area.
Around 66 properties were due to have service pipes replaced.
The lion’s share have now been completed and work is imminent on the remaining 12 homes, St Agatha’s Primary, Gartconner Primary and the Carmelite Monastery.
Work at the primary schools will take place at a weekend.
Iona Way has been closed recently as part of the roadworks. It is due to reopen this Sunday at 6pm.
SGN has confirmed that the whole project is on schedule and due to be completed by the end of March.
Meanwhile, drainage works are currently taking place in Main Street, between Gartferry Road and Solway Place. They are due to be completed this Friday.
* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...
- Osteoporosis drug and heart risk
- Lenzie Post Office proposed move will deliver longer opening hours
- Lenzie lift the cup ... and urge people to support the club!
- Alleged Kirkintilloch town centre shoplifters collared by police
- School memorial library set to be a fitting tribute to tireless councillor
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east