Future of Tom Johnston House still undecided
The council’s headquarters is still not up for sale - despite a move to new premises next month.
East Dunbartonshire Council will flit from Tom Johnston House to Southbank Marina next month.
Staff will also move to Broomhill and Southbank House.
The relocation is part of the council’s budget savings and is expected to save the local authority £350,000 a year.
But a question mark still hangs over what will happen to the vacated building on Lenzie Road.
It’s not yet up for sale and council chiefs say they are still discussing proposals for the premises.
Rumours have circulated that Tom Johnston House could be sold off to a major supermarket.
However, this has previously been quashed by the council.
Council leader Rhondda Geekie said: “The Marina will become the main council headquarters after the official launch, which is likely to be mid-August.
“We are currently discussing proposals for Tom Johnston House and will be progressing in due course.
“We don’t know who is going to buy it, the market will dictate that.”
* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail email@example.com
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...
- Osteoporosis drug and heart risk
- Lenzie Post Office proposed move will deliver longer opening hours
- Lenzie lift the cup ... and urge people to support the club!
- Alleged Kirkintilloch town centre shoplifters collared by police
- Pioneering Bishopbriggs volunteer teams up with National Autistic Society to change lives
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east