Get this week’s Herald for the St Ninian’s High prizelist
TOP class pupils were honoured as St Ninian’s High School hosted its annual senior prizegiving ceremony.
The special occasion celebrated the achievements of S4-S6 pupils from the school year 2011-2012.
Special guest at the ceremony was Mr Andrew Boyle, a former pupil and captain of the school, who was nominated to carry the Olympic torch earlier this year.
In a surprise gesture during his address at the ceremony, Mr Boyle handed over the torch to head teacher Mr Paul McLaughlin and asked that the school act as temporary guardians of the torch until a permanent home can be found.
During the ceremony, the convener of the education committee, Councillor Eric Gotts, gave his remarks and Mr McLaughlin made his annual report on the school year.
The audience were then treated to a number of high-quality musical acts before moving on to the awarding of prizes.
The Kirkintilloch school would like to thank all sponsors, invited guests, staff, parents and pupils for attending the prizegiving and celebrating the fantastic achievements of the pupils.
See this week’s Herald (October 24) for a full run-down of awards.
* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...
- Calls for public inquiry over town centre plans
- Fed-up drivers say it’s time to take firm action on potholes in East Dunbartonshire
- Council officers insist that toxic land is safe for school road
- Tickets for top music festival up for grabs in hall fundraiser
- Gas works will mean busy Bishopbriggs road is shut for nearly two months
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west