Heartbreak for family of murdered man
THE devastated partner of a man who was murdered has told how the tragedy has hit her family.
Stewart Barrett (34) was killed by Joseph Ramage in late November last year.
His body was dumped in woods near to Carron Valley Reservoir in Stirlingshire, where it was found by a dog walker.
Last week, Stewart’s killer, Joseph Ramage (39), was jailed for life and must serve a minimum of 16 years.
Paul McManus (33) was sent to prison for five years for helping to cover up the murder.
Stewart’s partner, Michelle Laird, and their three children, have been left devastated by his death and said this week that “justice had not been done”.
Michelle (36), from Kirkintilloch, said: “It’s not just Stewart’s life they have ruined, it’s our family’s future.
“It’s never going to end for us.
“Stewart was a gentleman and the kind of guy who would do anything for anybody.”
Ramage and McManus were sentenced at the High Court in Edinburgh last week.
More on the story in this week’s Herald.
* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail email@example.com
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...
- Calls for public inquiry over town centre plans
- Fed-up drivers say it’s time to take firm action on potholes in East Dunbartonshire
- Tickets for top music festival up for grabs in hall fundraiser
- Gas works will mean busy Bishopbriggs road is shut for nearly two months
- School memorial library set to be a fitting tribute to tireless councillor
- Osteoporosis drug and heart risk
- Lenzie lift the cup ... and urge people to support the club!
- Lenzie Post Office proposed move will deliver longer opening hours
- Model Springburn schoolgirl Amy set to take to the stage for Miss Scotland Perfect pageant
- Alleged Kirkintilloch town centre shoplifters collared by police
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: South west