Kristina’s 24-hour nail-a-thon for charity
A BEAUTICIAN used her talents to raise hundreds of pounds for a leading cancer charity.
Kristina Anderson (24) began working on the first set of nails on Sunday, May 6, at 9am - and kept going until 9am the following day, to raise funds for Cancer Research UK.
She raised a fantastic £838 by completing 17 sets of nails at Glamour Eyes, in Huntershill Village.
During the fundraising event she carried out a range of treatments, from a full set of acrylics to a file and polish.
Kristina, from Bishopbriggs, said: “I decided to do this because I have had a lot of clients affected by cancer.
“I can’t believe I managed to keep going. I hit a wall around 4.30am, but I just popped outside for some fresh air and I was ready to go again.”
* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...
- Osteoporosis drug and heart risk
- Lenzie Post Office proposed move will deliver longer opening hours
- Model Springburn schoolgirl Amy set to take to the stage for Miss Scotland Perfect pageant
- Lenzie lift the cup ... and urge people to support the club!
- Alleged Kirkintilloch town centre shoplifters collared by police
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: South west