Lenzie Academy head given green-light to restructure school week
CHANGES to the school day at a high school WILL go ahead - despite being unpopular with pupils.
Lenzie Academy parents, teachers and pupils have recently all been involved in a consultation on changing the structure of the academic week.
The proposals include cutting the lunch hour from 50 minutes to 40 minutes and starting the school day at 8.45pm.
It will leave room for an extra three periods a week, with the school closing at 2.40pm on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Only 30 per cent of pupils and 50 per cent of teachers supported the changes, while parents gave the new week a cautious welcome.
But the proposals were cleared by the council’s education committee recently.
Gordon Currie, the council’s head of education, said: “A report was submitted to Education Committee to note the decision to restructure the school day at Lenzie Academy. This follows a period of consultation that involved young people, staff and parents.”
* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail email@example.com
Or you can log in below and have your say on the site...
- Osteoporosis drug and heart risk
- Lenzie Post Office proposed move will deliver longer opening hours
- Lenzie lift the cup ... and urge people to support the club!
- Alleged Kirkintilloch town centre shoplifters collared by police
- School memorial library set to be a fitting tribute to tireless councillor
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east