Police hunt maniac driver who hit teenage boy
A TEENAGER was rushed to hospital after being deliberately struck by a car in a terrifying ordeal.
The 16-year-old suffered head injuries when a car mounted a pavement and drove towards a group of between 10 and 15 people in Glenmanor Avenue, Moodiesburn.
The group quickly moved out of the way, but the car managed to strike the 16-year-old.
He was taken to Glasgow Royal Infirmary, where he is being treated for injuries to his head and body.
Hospital staff described his condition as stable.
Police are treating the incident as attempted murder. It took place on Saturday, February 23, at around 10.10pm.
The car involved is described as blue, possibly a Honda Civic or similar.
Detective Inspector David Scott at Coatbridge CID would like to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident and who has not already spoken to police.
You can contact him on 01236 502000 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail email@example.com
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...
- Fed-up drivers say it’s time to take firm action on potholes in East Dunbartonshire
- Calls for public inquiry over town centre plans
- Council officers insist that toxic land is safe for school road
- East Dunbartonshire community still split over new recycling regime
- Tickets for top music festival up for grabs in hall fundraiser
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: South west
Temperature: 7 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South