BAFFLED pupils who have just left a top school in East Dunbartonshire still don't know if they will be allowed to celebrate the milestone.
Parents of S6 pupils at Lenzie Academy say they have not been told whether the 2010 leavers' dinner planned for tomorrow (Thursday) will go ahead after more than 100 pupils were excluded from the school on their last day for wearing shorts.
Parents have criticised the Academy for its treatment of their sons and daughters, who were also barred from attending their leavers' presentation lunch, and say the school has still not told them what happened.
One parent, who did not wish to be named, said: "We feel as if we are being left in the dark. As a parent I still have not had any communication about what happened on the day or about the leavers' dinner.
"We have already paid 65 for my son to attend the leavers' dinner, but we are not sure if he can go.
"What has happened has left my son with a sour taste in his mouth. He was not even given the opportunity to thank any of his teachers."
Parents have also slammed the school for posting out letters warning S6 pupils they could face sanctions for misbehaving in their last week of term – the day they were excluded.
More than 100 pupils were turned away at the school gates on their final day of term on Friday, May 7, and were then followed by senior teaching staff in their cars to ensure they did not return.
A spokesperson for East Dunbartonshire Council said: "The council are awaiting a response from the head teacher of Lenzie Academy which we expect to receive once the school resumes after the bank holiday."