Readers nominate some of the worst potholes in East Dunbartonshire...
A BLITZ on the district’s worst potholes gets underway this month.
Dozens of readers got in touch via e-mail and Facebook to tell us where the worst potholes could be found.
Meiklehill Road, Newdyke Road, Highfield Road and Cleddans Road were just some of the locations causing concern in the Kirkintilloch area.
Bankhead Road in Waterside and the entrance to Lenzie Moss Primary in Moss Road were also said to have bad potholes.
A spokesperson for East Dunbartonshire Council said: “Pothole repair work is an ongoing exercise and is carried out all year long.
“However, following the winter months when roads suffer most from the freeze and thaw effect there is a need to carry out a council wide targeting of the road network in the early spring.
“The pothole action plan is already in place and extra pothole repair teams will be in place over the coming weeks across East Dunbartonshire.”
Some of the funding, around £510,000, will come from a £7.3million programme to improve roads across the district. The rest will come from the annual budget set aside to tackle potholes.
If there’s a pothole you would like to highlight give the Herald a call on 0141 775 0040, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/kirkyherald
- Calls for public inquiry over town centre plans
- Fed-up drivers say it’s time to take firm action on potholes in East Dunbartonshire
- Tickets for top music festival up for grabs in hall fundraiser
- Gas works will mean busy Bishopbriggs road is shut for nearly two months
- School memorial library set to be a fitting tribute to tireless councillor
- Osteoporosis drug and heart risk
- Lenzie lift the cup ... and urge people to support the club!
- Lenzie Post Office proposed move will deliver longer opening hours
- Model Springburn schoolgirl Amy set to take to the stage for Miss Scotland Perfect pageant
- Alleged Kirkintilloch town centre shoplifters collared by police
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: South west