Rent debts written off after tenants disappear
MORE than £14,000 in rent arrears has been written off by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Members on the council’s policy and resources committee voted to stop chasing the six individual debts - each totalling more than £2,000.
Two of the debts were considered unrecoverable, because the tenant was untraceable. The other four were more than five years old.
They included a £2,117.82 debt from a property in Twechar, two outstanding debts from tenants in Bishopbriggs totalling £2,091.96 and £2,930, and a £2,729.78 balance on a property in Kirkintilloch.
* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...
- Osteoporosis drug and heart risk
- Lenzie Post Office proposed move will deliver longer opening hours
- Lenzie lift the cup ... and urge people to support the club!
- Alleged Kirkintilloch town centre shoplifters collared by police
- Pioneering Bishopbriggs volunteer teams up with National Autistic Society to change lives
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east