Speeder caught doing 102 on 50mph road near Robroyston
A DRIVER was caught by police speeding at 102mph on a motorway – more than DOUBLE the speed limit.
Traffic police swooped on the 22-year-old motorist after he was clocked speeding on the M80, near the junction to Robroyston on Sunday at around 2am.
The speed limit for the road is 50mph.
Due to the speed he was travelling at the man has been charged with dangerous driving rather than being given a ticket.
A report has been sent to the procurator fiscal.
Constable Jamie Campbell, from Baird Street Police office, said: “Motorways are regularly patrolled by road policing units to ensure speed limits are met.
“Driving at such a speed is not just careless, but incredibly dangerous, regardless of the time or traffic conditions.”
* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail email@example.com
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...
- Osteoporosis drug and heart risk
- Lenzie Post Office proposed move will deliver longer opening hours
- Lenzie lift the cup ... and urge people to support the club!
- Alleged Kirkintilloch town centre shoplifters collared by police
- School memorial library set to be a fitting tribute to tireless councillor
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east