Stay frosty – police warn motorists in Kirkintilloch not to play it cool with their cars
MOTORISTS are being warned not to switch off when they switch on their cars to defrost.
Police in East Dunbartonshire are reminding drivers about the risks of leaving cars running to defrost whilst unattended.
The cold weather is making an early appearance this year and motorists are warned to stay with their vehicles when they are defrosting.
The message is simple – if you leave your car engine running to heat up the vehicle, then you are leaving it at risk from thieves.
A police spokesperson said: “This makes the vehicles an easy target and it is not only expensive cars that are targeted, so do not take a chance and leave your car unattended with the engine running. “Remember, your insurance will NOT cover you for a theft in these circumstances.”
* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail email@example.com
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...
- Osteoporosis drug and heart risk
- Lenzie Post Office proposed move will deliver longer opening hours
- Lenzie lift the cup ... and urge people to support the club!
- Alleged Kirkintilloch town centre shoplifters collared by police
- School memorial library set to be a fitting tribute to tireless councillor
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east