Surge in demand at retail park ... for police!
A POPULAR retail park has attracted unwanted attention . . . from shoplifters.
Police say the recent increase in thefts from stores in Strathkelvin Retail Park, in Bishopbriggs, could be down to more businesses moving into the park.
Officers are working to tackle the problem.
Community safety officer PC Siobhan McCandlish said: “There has been an increase in shoplifting at Strathkelvin Retail Park.
“This could be because the retail park is now fully inhabited and thriving.
“There is likely to be a correlation between shoplifting and the higher number of visitors to the retail park now that all the units are filled.
“Shoppers have not been targeted, but police always encourage people to keep their handbags securely closed and not to leave valuables on display in their cars to avoid thefts.”
* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail email@example.com
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...
- Osteoporosis drug and heart risk
- Lenzie Post Office proposed move will deliver longer opening hours
- Lenzie lift the cup ... and urge people to support the club!
- Alleged Kirkintilloch town centre shoplifters collared by police
- Pioneering Bishopbriggs volunteer teams up with National Autistic Society to change lives
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east