Swinson says constituents back cigarette packaging changes
BLAND tobacco packets should be introduced to discourage people from buying them – that was the conclusion of an online survey organised by Jo Swinson MP.
Ms Swinson asked constituents who have signed up to her monthly e-consultation mailing list whether they would support a change to plain packaging.
Of nearly 300 respondents, around 75 per cent agreed all tobacco products should be sold in standardised, bland wrappers.
The East Dunbartonshire MP said: “Many people who took part in the consultation were concerned at the way packaging could be used to glamorise products for young people.”
* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail email@example.com
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...
- Calls for public inquiry over town centre plans
- Fed-up drivers say it’s time to take firm action on potholes in East Dunbartonshire
- Gas works will mean busy Bishopbriggs road is shut for nearly two months
- Green light for new Co-op store in Lenzie
- School memorial library set to be a fitting tribute to tireless councillor
- Osteoporosis drug and heart risk
- Lenzie Post Office proposed move will deliver longer opening hours
- Model Springburn schoolgirl Amy set to take to the stage for Miss Scotland Perfect pageant
- Lenzie lift the cup ... and urge people to support the club!
- Alleged Kirkintilloch town centre shoplifters collared by police
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west