The Romans are here!
THE Romans have invaded Kirkintilloch’s Auld Kirk thanks to a new exhibition.
Launched on Saturday, ‘The Romans Were Here’ exhibition describes what life was like nearly 2,000 years ago when Kirkintilloch was the site of the Antonine Wall, the North West Frontier of the Roman Empire.
Part of the wall, which is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, can still be seen in nearby Peel Park where a Roman fort once stood.
This fascinating glimpse into the past runs until April 28, but there will be a bonus for those going along on Saturday, March 3.
As part of Local History Week the Antonine Guard re-enactment group will be on hand to bring the past to life and children can dress up in armour and togas.
- Osteoporosis drug and heart risk
- Lenzie Post Office proposed move will deliver longer opening hours
- Lenzie lift the cup ... and urge people to support the club!
- Alleged Kirkintilloch town centre shoplifters collared by police
- School memorial library set to be a fitting tribute to tireless councillor
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east