Warning – pram may be dangerous ... health centre tells mum to leave it out
AN angry mum has hit out after being told she couldn’t bring her baby’s pram into a medical centre – because of health and safety.
Alison Rutherford took her baby boy, Archie, for a check-up at Peel View Medical Centre in Kirkintilloch.
But the 29-year-old was shocked to be told she would need to leave the pram outside.
Alison said: “I walked up to the surgery as I do not have a car.
“When I went to give the receptionist my son’s name I was told that I wasn’t allowed to bring the pram into the surgery due to health and safety reasons and that I had to leave it outside.
“I asked who would be liable if it was damaged or stolen whilst outside, to which she replied ‘not the surgery’.
“I said I would not be able to stay for the appointment as I was not willing to take the chance of leaving a £500 pram outside.
“My son was then late for his six-week check-up.
“I spoke to the practice manager who said that it was a health and safety policy, but it was as if she couldn’t explain why.”
Alison has since registered with another health centre.
A spokesperson for Peel View Medical Centre said: “We are very sorry if the patient was upset but, due to previous comments from patients and how busy the waiting room can be, a covered pram shelter was built at the back of the building.
“We are also looking at providing pram locks for those who don’t have them for additional safety.”
* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail email@example.com
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...
- Calls for public inquiry over town centre plans
- Fed-up drivers say it’s time to take firm action on potholes in East Dunbartonshire
- Tickets for top music festival up for grabs in hall fundraiser
- Gas works will mean busy Bishopbriggs road is shut for nearly two months
- School memorial library set to be a fitting tribute to tireless councillor
- Osteoporosis drug and heart risk
- Lenzie lift the cup ... and urge people to support the club!
- Lenzie Post Office proposed move will deliver longer opening hours
- Model Springburn schoolgirl Amy set to take to the stage for Miss Scotland Perfect pageant
- Alleged Kirkintilloch town centre shoplifters collared by police
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: South west