Who needs Dr Who? Future of Kirkintilloch will be on show...
DO you want to see into the future of your town?
People are being offered a glimpse into the possible future of Kirkintilloch.
A series of events are being held to showcase Town Centre Masterplan proposals.
At the heart of the masterplan – crafted as a result of a series of consultation events between November 2011 and January 2012 – is a rejuvenated town hall and improved access and parking.
The proposals also include using the current Lairdsland Primary site for new housing when the school relocates to Southbank Marina.
The various options were approved in principle by East Dunbartonshire Council in June 2012.
A draft masterplan for the town is currently being prepared.
Council Leader Rhondda Geekie, who is also chair of the Kirkintilloch Town Centre Champions Group, said: “We will formally consult on the draft masterplan early next year, but these events are an opportunity for people in the area to see the developing options.
“We have many ambitious plans for Kirkintilloch and we would encourage people to come along and see the potential land use options that have emerged from the earlier period of consultation.”
The events will take place as follows:
* Regents Centre – Friday, September 28, 1pm-5pm
* Kirkintilloch Leisure Centre – Saturday, September 29, 9am-1pm
* Kirkintilloch Hub – Monday, Oct. 1, 11am-3pm
* Kirkintilloch Hub – Thursday, October 4, 4pm-8pm
* Have you got a comment? E-mail email@example.com
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site. Please note comments may be reprinted in the newspaper.
- Osteoporosis drug and heart risk
- Lenzie Post Office proposed move will deliver longer opening hours
- Lenzie lift the cup ... and urge people to support the club!
- Alleged Kirkintilloch town centre shoplifters collared by police
- Pioneering Bishopbriggs volunteer teams up with National Autistic Society to change lives
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east