CALLOUS thieves robbed a 90-year-old woman after duping her on her doorstep.
The pensioner had £200 stolen from her home in Kirkintilloch Road, Bishopbriggs, last week after a man claiming to work for the water board visited her house.
Police believe another person then entered the pensioner’s home and stole the money whilst the caller kept her busy.
Anyone with information on the callous crime is urged to call their local police station or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Residents are advised:
* Always ask to see ID
* Phone their office to verify who they are
* Never sign a contract or agree to have work done until you are sure
* Advise the trader you want to shop around
* Find out if they have carried out work locally before and talk to other customers
* Check the name and address of their business is genuine
* Ask if you can pay by cheque or credit card, but don’t give them your card details
* Don’t be scared to ask a sales person to leave