Woman rescued from blaze by firefighters

editorial image
0
Have your say

Firefighters had to rescue a woman from a blaze in a house this morning (Friday, April 22).

Emergency crews were called out to the fire at Munro Drive in Milton around 10.30am.

They discovered a bedroom on the first floor of the property was ablaze

Wearing breathing apparatus, the crew tackled the fire and rescued the woman who needed oxygen.

Paramedics attended and the woman was taken to hospital as a precautionary measure.

The blaze was extinguished by 11.50am. Investigations into the fire are continuing.

A fire service spokesperson said: “We offer free fire home safety visits. Anyone can arrange this through the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service on freephone number 0800 073 1999.”