Suspect defending costs Rob Roy winning end to 2012
YEAR ends in defeat, for Rob Roy, but it’s still a season to be cheerful.
Rob Roy.............. 1
West of Scotland Premier Division
Suspect Rob Roy defending allowed Pollok to leave Adamslie Park with maximum points in a match which kept the crowd entertained for the full ninety minutes.
It was Pollok who started strongly and should have taken the lead in the second minute after home keeper Robertson made a brilliant stop from Fraser the rebound fell to Monti who fired the ball high over the bar from six yards. The Rabs defence looked vulnerable under relentless Pollok pressure McGinty headed wide in front of goal then minutes later the same player dispossessed McAleenan in mid-field and was allowed a free run on goal but his finishing was poor and failed to trouble the Rabs keeper.
Having weathered the storm Rabs gradually pulled themselves back into contention, Easton’s cross into the Lok goalmouth was cleared for a corner McAleenan’s corner kick caused problems in the visitors defence before being scrambled clear. Easton tested keeper McNeil with a couple of headers before Diack’s shot crashed against the junction of post and upright.
Pollok took the lead in the 25th minute when McArdle broke down the right wing unchallenged before slotting the ball past Robertson from inside the box. Rabs equalised on the half-hour mark when McAleenan thundered an unstoppable 25 yard shot which hit the underside of the crossbar before dropping behind McNeil and into the back of the net. Two minutes later Meechan had the ball in the Pollok net but was adjudged offside.
Pollok regained the lead three minutes before the break when poor defending gave Monti the chance to run through on goal before drilling an angled low shot past Robertson.
Robertson was having a fine game in the Rabs goal making two super stops from Pollok danger man Monti. At the other end McNeil did well to keep a Diack header out before substitute K Connolly curled a free-kick just wide. With Pollok again controlling play Monti was again denied by another reaction save from Robertson.
Both sides were playing some good attacking football with Lok’s McQuilken heading a cross from the right over the bar and Diack shooting wide.
In the final minutes Rabs went all out for the leveller with Diack and C Connolly having decent efforts cleared from the goal-line but the Newlandsfield side held on for the points.
Rob Roy;- Robertson, McLachlan, McVey, Ohakam (K Connolly 45), Henderson, C Connolly, Meechan, McAleenan (Lindsay 78), Bradley, Diack, Easton (Adam 47).
* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...
- Calls for public inquiry over town centre plans
- Fed-up drivers say it’s time to take firm action on potholes in East Dunbartonshire
- Tickets for top music festival up for grabs in hall fundraiser
- Gas works will mean busy Bishopbriggs road is shut for nearly two months
- School memorial library set to be a fitting tribute to tireless councillor
- Osteoporosis drug and heart risk
- Lenzie lift the cup ... and urge people to support the club!
- Lenzie Post Office proposed move will deliver longer opening hours
- Model Springburn schoolgirl Amy set to take to the stage for Miss Scotland Perfect pageant
- Alleged Kirkintilloch town centre shoplifters collared by police
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Kirkintilloch
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: South west