St Roch’s Juniors are pleased to announce the formation of a brand new under-21 team for the new season.
They have appointed Petershill FC’s U21 management team Frank Brady and Colin Mitchell to find up-and-coming talent. The majority of the Petershill U21 team have followed the management team to Provanmill Park and both will work closely with David Greig and Joe McCall at the club. The ex-young Peasy team had a successful first season at 21s last season, finishing runners-up in the league and reaching their first ever cup final which they narrowly lost. They are hoping to build on that success for this season. St Roch’s see this as a fantastic opportunity for their club to grow and back both coaches 100 per cent.
* The 26th Lenzie Festival finished on Monday, last week, with 12 local primary schools competing and once again Meadowburn from Bishopbriggs was voted “Most Sporting Team” by the group of six referees supplied by Lenzie Academy. After a weekend of rain, it was a credit to the EDC Greenspace team that the pitches were in playable condition and all the primary schools involved served up some very attractive football and exciting games. Once again the participating teams throughout the festival voted it an outstanding success and with over 1,200 youngsters taking part, the Lenzie Youth Club objective “participation – not anti-social behaviour” was well and truly achieved.
* Torrance Youth Club U19s are looking to strengthen the squad for the start of the new season. They are looking for players born in 1993/1994 for all positions. Players must be of a high standard or ex-Pro Youth. Trials will take place throughout June, July and August. Training will take place twice weekly with the additional support of an ex-pro for conditioning. Coaches trained to SFA Pro-Youth standards. Anyone interested should contact Rab on 07795 515505 or Gus on 07984 434420.
* Torrance Youth Club U21s are also looking to strengthen their squad for next season. They are looking for players born in 1991/1992 for all positions. Anyone interested should contact Scott on 07802 332284.
* Lenzie Youth Club 1999 are looking for players for their new U13 section for next season. Players of all abilities keen on moving to 11-a-side football should have their parent/guardian contact team coach Kevin on 07818 096752 for further details. Lenzie are an SFA Quality Mark club and all of the club’s 40 coaches have SYFA Disclosure or are working towards PVG.
* Lenzie Youth Club are looking for new players to join their Academy at 2006 age group. The team will play in the Fun 4s in EDSSA when ready. Training during the summer will be at Lenzie Academy playing fields, starting in August. All Lenzie coaches are SYFA Disclosed and SFA trained. Parents/guardians can contact Andy on 07818 096752 to register.
* Lenzie Soccer Academy are looking for boys born in 2005 and 2006 to join an exciting new soccer school. Boys will take part in coaching sessions from fully-qualified Level 4 SFA coaches, then develop into soccer 4 and 7s teams in the coming seasons. Training session will be held on Fridays, structured around small sided games. New Nike training kits will also be available to boys. For full list of details, contact Chris on 07595 822485 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
* DFDL football league application open for new teams for season 2011/2012. Age groups from 2003, 2002, 2002, 2001, 2000 (7-a-side); 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1994/3 (11-a-side). Games played all over West/East Dunbartonshire/Arygle and beyond. Teams interested should contact league sec. Paul by e-mail on email@example.com
* Lenzie Youth Club 1996 are holding open trials over the next few weeks. Players with good pedigree in boys club or senior football are welcome.Contact Billy on 07818 096752 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org