ALL the latest action from young teams in East Dunbartonshire...
Lenzie Youth Club......... 2
GADYFL Under-16 League Cup GADYFL
Lenzie entertained league winners Antonine at Boghead with the game starting at 90 miles an hour as both teams went for an early lead.
Although Antonine had more of the play, Lenzie made a few chances playing on the break. Antonine went into the lead from a Lenzie defensive mistake, but the home tam equalised before half-time when a Fraser McKinnon free-kick was headed in by Anton Phinn.
Lenzie started the second half strongly but midway through the half, after Lenzie missed a good chance, Antonine went into the lead. Lenzie then lost their way a bit and the opposition went into a 4-1 lead.
A goal by Euan Dover got Lenzie back into the game and they pushed forward to try and reduce the deficit, however, it left spaces and they got punished when Antonine added two late goals.
Referees player was Fraser McKinnon, who defended really well
Lenzie: Anderson, Owens, Bateman, McKinnon, Paice, Faulkner, McLaughlin, Reilly, Phinn, Irvine, O’Hare, Dover, Mackintosh, Carroll.
Carbrain BC............... 0
Lenzie YC 1998s........... 10
CKDYL U15s Division B
Lenzie’s strong finish to the season continued with a clear-cut win at Ravenswood. Two first-half hat-tricks, from Greg Cumming and Lewis Beveridge, had the visitors in the driving seat before Cumming bagged his fourth just before the interval.
Jack Duffin added another for Lenzie after the break and two goals from Greg Burns rounded off the scoring.
Greg Cumming was the LYC Player of the Day.
Lenzie YC................ 2
Under-16 League Cup
It was an excellent Lenzie performance against this year’s Scottish Cup finalists, as they twice came back from behind to draw.
Given the amount of possession and shots on target, Lenzie were by far the better side.
Lenzie started well, knocking the ball around and keeping possession, but Clydebank went ahead with almost their first attack.
Almost immediately Lenzie equalised when Anton Phinn got in to shoot home. Play was end to end, but Bankies were restricted to shots from distance as Lenzie defended well. Before the break ther Bankies keeper had to make good saves to keep the score level.
Bankies started the second half stronger, but again Lenzie got on the ball and created chances. Striker Ciaran Reilly and winger Conor McLaughlin tested their keeper with good attempts.
Clydebank again went into the lead when Fraser McKinnon was penalised for a tackle in the box and they scored from the penalty spot.
However, Lenzie got back level when Conor McLaughlin finished after good passing play – a goal their play deserved.
Bankies’ keeper then pulled off two more saves to keep them in the game, which finished with Lenzie feeling unlucky not to have got the win.
Referee’s player in a great team effort was Conor McLaughlin
Lenzie: Anderson, Owens, McKinnon, Paice, Bateman, Faulkner, Dover McLaughlin, Reilly, Irvine, Phinn, O’Hare, Mackintosh.
This week Lenzie are at home to Renton (Boghead, 2pm).
Lenzie YC 1998s....3
U15s challenge match
With no league fixture scheduled, Lenzie kept ticking over with a run-out against their near-neighbours from the CKDYL top division.
Goals from Ben Graham, Lewis Beveridge and Jack Duffin put the Sky Blues in a commanding position but Campsie finished strongly, netting three times in the last 20 minutes to earn a draw.
Joe Daly was the LYC Player of the Day.
* Lenzie Youth Club run an after-school football session on Mondays, from 5pm-6.30pm, at Lenzie Academy’s new outdoor pitch.
Players keen on football and aged P7/P6/P5 from local primary schools are invited to attend.
Lenzie YC 97 players are coaching the kids on a weekly basis, with a view to helping the 2002 section at the club prepare for 11s in season 2014/15. Contact Mr Stevenson at the venue on a Monday for more details.
The after-school boys are pictured before a recent bounce game at Boghead.
* CSFA are inviting new teams at 2001 U13 level for season 2013/14. League meetings are held at Broadwood Stadium and 2001 teams can download registration forms at www.leaguewebsite.co.uk/csfa. The deadline to register your team for next season is Sunday, June 16. Contact league secretary Billy Inglis on 07818 096752 for further details.
* Were you born in 1997? Love your football? Want a full season competing for trophies and league titles? Want to develop your game?
Contact Eastdunbartonshire Football Club – www.eastdunbartonshirefootballclub.co.uk/club/95505/Home
* Lenzie YC U19 (96/95) are looking for quality experienced players for the move to U19 football. The 1996s have won no fewer than 12 trophies since U13, as well as playing in festivals all over the UK. If you think you have what it takes to play for a top team contact Billy on 07818 096752.
* Lenzie Youth Club are looking for any spare or unwanted Kits for Kids tokens. The club have collected them each year since the promotion first started. Contact Billy Inglis on 07818 096752.
* Rossvale 21s – a Saturday afternoon team in Bishopbriggs – are looking for ex-Pro Youth or good boys club players for new season. They are an SFA Quality Mark club with their own facilities, an academy enviroment and qualified coaches with Pro Youth training. The best players will be given a chance to progress to a higher level through the club’s 17-21 programme, with links to pro clubs. Contact Pete on 07758 127844.
* Lenzie YC 1999s are a Quality Mark club looking for experienced players born 1999 or 2000. Training on a Tuesday and Friday. They play in the LFDA Sunday morning league. Contact Dave on 07919 212983.
* Have you got a story, picture or comment? E-mail email@example.com
Or you can log in below and have you say on the site...