Springfield Cambridge Church is currently celebrating the 150th anniversary of the opening of the original church.
It stood on Springfield Road, Bishopbriggs and was known as Cadder Free Church.
The building is still standing, has been refurbished and is now used as a church hall.
The church changed its name on three occasions. In 1900 it became known as Springfield United Free Church, then on October 25, 1929, it became Springfield Church of Scotland.
By the mid-1960s the congregation and youth organisations had grown to such an extent that a new church building was urgently required.
Cambridge Street Church in the centre of Glasgow was the subject of a compulsory purchase order and the Presbytery of Glasgow proposed a union which would result in funds being made available for a new church to be built in Bishopbriggs.
A union between Springfield Church and Cambridge Street Church was agreed and took place on September 5, 1968.The church thus became Springfield Cambridge Church.
A number of events and activities are being planned to mark this important anniversary. For instance, Bill Findlay and James Robertson are currently working on ‘The Springfield Cambridge Trail’, a walk from Cadder Church to Springfield Cambridge Church, passing and remarking on places of interest along the way.