The new interim customer service Hub in Bishopbriggs Library is now open for business.
The new Bishopbriggs Hub is open to customers from 10am to 6pm Monday to Thursday and 10am to 5pm on Friday and provides a full range of Council services, including:
- Payment kiosks - accepting cash, cheque and card payments for all council services
- Answering enquiries about Council Tax, benefits, housing and more
- Accepting and validating application forms, including taxis, civic licences, education and more
- Blue badge applications (including taking photos)
- Registration of births and deaths, and other services such as copying certificate
- Private room for confidential business.
A new space for meetings, children’s activities and reading groups was also created as part of the work.
Council leader Rhondda Geekie said: “I’m absolutely delighted that the new interim Hub is open. It will offer an improved service to residents in Bishopbriggs and will provide a full range of customer services, including registration.
“Community Hubs are an important element of our long-term vision for effective, efficient, customer-focused services in East Dunbartonshire.
“The new Community Hub will bring together a wide range of services under one roof to deliver a new, flexible ‘one stop shop’ approach to customer services to make it easier for residents to access and get information about a variety of different services. “It will offer an exciting and innovative new way of delivering services more efficiently to our residents in Bishopbriggs and improve their experience of dealing with the council.”
The Hub is part of the council’s ‘click, call and come in’ service, combining internet (www.eastdunbarton.gov.uk), telephone (0300 123 4510) and face-to-face facilities.