Boat owners have been left high and dry after a row of storage sheds at a picturesque canal site went up in flames.
The four wooden beach-style huts at Cadder Wharf near Bishopbriggs were razed to the ground.
An electrical fault is believed to have been the cause of the fire.
The huts are part of the “Living on Water” moorings site overseen by Scottish Canals and are used by boat owners to store equipment.
Police received a call around 8.30am on Sunday, May 1 from a walker.
A police spokesman said this week: “Someone noticed the huts had been burnt to the ground and were still smouldering.
“It would appear to have been an electrical fault relating to an underground cable serving the sheds. The fire does not appear to have been malicious.”
A fire service spokesperson said crews attended the fire after receiving a call from the police but by the time they got there, the fire was already out.
Cadder Wharf is a quiet stretch of canal near to Cadder Parish Church.
There have been complaints in recent weeks from local people about anti-social behaviour in the area.
Gillian Stack posted on a public Facebook site on Monday, May 2: “A few of us who walk the canal on a daily basis have just spent a couple of hours cleaning up after kids who spent the weekend drinking here.
“The mess they left behind is bad enough but they’ve also deliberately smashed their bottles.”
She added that they also subjected walkers to verbal abuse.
A police spokesman told the Herald they would step up patrols in the area to stamp out any anti-social behaviour.
A spokesman for Scottish Canals said that the storage huts were empty at the time of the fire. He added that the huts would be replaced.