Nursery registration is taking place during week beginning January 18 for sessions starting in August 2016, January 2017 and April 2017.
All eligible 3 and 4 year old children are entitled to 600 hours funded early learning and childcare and extended day provision is also available at the following East Dunbartonshire nurseries -
- Lenzie Meadow
Convener of Education, Councillor Eric Gotts, said: “Having regularly consulted with parents over recent years, we have been adapting the nursery provision in East Dunbartonshire to better meet the needs of local families. We recognise that many parents and carers require longer sessions and we can now offer places from 8am to 6pm throughout the year at some of our centres.”
He continued: “The benefits of early year’s education are well documented and I would urge families seeking more flexible nursery provision to consider one of the many fantastic East Dunbartonshire nurseries local to them.”
Parents or carers of a child born between 1 March 2013 and 28 February 2014 who would like a place at nursery later this year or early next year will need to register.
Registration at a primary school or nursery takes place during the week 18 January to 22 January 2016 and from 18 January to 29 February if registering at a Community Hub.
Details on how to register are as follows:
- Parents/carers should complete a registration form and take it to any East Dunbartonshire Council primary school or nursery any day during the week beginning 18 January 2016 to 22 January between 10am-12noon.
- Parents/carers registering at an East Dunbartonshire Community Hub (William Patrick Library, Kirkintilloch, Brookwood Library, Bearsden and Bishopbriggs Library) must do so by 29 February.
- Parents/carers must bring the child’s birth certificate (or if appropriate, proof of legal guardianship) and evidence of their residency in East Dunbartonshire. The only document that will be accepted as proof of residency is a Current Council Tax Notice. If this is not available due to a recent house move a Rental/Lease agreement or solicitor’s letter confirming house purchase will be accepted.
- Parents who reside outside East Dunbartonshire are not required to provide proof of residency.
- Registration forms and information leaflets are available from East Dunbartonshire Council primary schools, libraries, Community Hubs, Southbank House (Kirkintilloch), on the Council website www.eastdunbarton.gov.uk or from the Early Years Helpline on 0300-123-4510 Ext 8707.
- If a child currently attends an East Dunbartonshire Council nursery, parents/carers should speak to their nursery directly about a continuation form.
- If a child attends a partnership centre, parents/carers should complete a registration form and return the form to the partnership centre.
- If you have any questions about nursery registration or other early years topics, please call the Council on 0300-123-4510 Ext 8707.