Fire thugs torch baby’s pram!

editorial image
Share this article

A PRAM was set on fire at a block of flats in North Glasgow.

The blaze broke out in the ground floor close at the three-storey building in Denmark Street, Possilpark, at around 4.20am on Sunday, November 27.

Residents were trapped in their homes as smoke filled the building. Ten firefighters tackled the incident using breathing equipment and a hose, remaining at the scene for more than two hours.

No-one was injured during the blaze, but damage was caused to the plasterwork and the door the pram was sitting near.

Firefighters have urged residents not to leave items in the close.

The incident is being treated as wilful fireraising.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0141 532 4400.