A BURNT-out building has sparked safety fears after recent gale force winds.
Windows were broken in the former Co-op building in Townhead, Kirkintilloch, showering the pavement with glass during last week’s high winds.
Cones were placed around the building in the interests of public safety.
The premises have been empty since a blaze in February 2007, leading to numerous complaints from residents and business owners that the building is an ‘eyesore’.
The owners CJL Properties have previously told the Herald they hope to develop the building. They were not available for comment as the Herald went to print.
An East Dunbartonshire Council spokesperson said it would be sending out its enforcement team to make sure the building is safe.