Hundreds of people have been evacuated from a council building in Kirkintilloch after a suspected gas leak.
Emergency services rushed to East Dunbartonshire Council’s health and social care centre at Saramago Street around 9am today.
A member of staff raised the alarm after a smell of sulphur, believed to be connected to the air conditioning system.
Two fire engines were still in attendance at 10.30am with officers waiting for back-up from a technical unit.
Around 300 people are employed at the centre.
One health centre patient had to be treated in her car by a doctor as there was no access to the surgeries.
A fire spokesman said the situation was under control and there was no danger to the public.
The health centre reopened again to the public around 3pm.