Worried residents met their new MP, Stuart McDonald, to discuss ‘overwhelming local opposition’ for plans to build on greenbelt land.
He acknowledged strong opposition to development on Redmoss Farm and “disquiet” about submitting responses to the Proposed Local Development Plan.
Milton of Campsie Greenbelt Preservation group host a drop-in session on Tuesday, May 19 in Village Hall at 7 - 9pm in order to assist anyone who wishes to respond the plans.
Secretary, Alan Harris, said: “It is vital that as many people as possible submit representations before the deadline on Wednesday, May 27 at 5pm, as this may be the last chance to prevent building on Redmoss Greenbelt.”
This was Stuart McDonald’s first official constituency meeting since being elected. He said: “I know there is strong opposition in the village to the proposals for housing on Redmoss Farm, but also disquiet about the difficulties in submitting consultation responses to the council.
“That’s why the idea of holding a drop-in workshop to help local people complete response forms and make their views known is very welcome indeed, and I’d encourage as many residents as possible to head along on Tuesday night to get involved.”
Diggers moved in on the area without any prior warning last week as Bellway Homes carried out site investigations and they are still working on the area a week later.
Locals are worried about possible accidents occurring due to lack of signage alerting dog walkers and other land users and question whether the developer is trying to pre-empt the planning process.
Redmoss Farm is up for debate in the Proposed Local Development plan and no official planning permission has been sought by the developer yet.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07958 303692 for more information about the meeting or the campaign.