Your Council Tax Online is a new service that allows residents to view and manage their council tax account on the council website.
Once they register with the new service, residents will be able to:
· Tell the Council when they are moving in or out of East Dunbartonshire
· View their Council Tax account
· Set up to pay Council Tax by Direct Debit
· Claim a single person discount
· Change personal details
· Sign up to receive online bills
· See a summary of current Council Tax Reduction award
· Check the Council Tax band of any property in East Dunbartonshire
Visit www.eastdunbarton.gov.uk/CouncilTaxOnline to find out more.
Residents will need both their council tax reference number and their online key to sign up, which can both be found on the top right of their most recent council tax bill.
Council leader Rhondda Geekie said: “Using the service is straightforward and there are responses to frequently asked questions on the web page to help.
“By signing up, our residents will be able to access and update their council tax information 24/7 and we are planning to introduce more online services in the coming year.”