Rabs quick on the draw

Rob Roy v Pollock at Adamslie Park  9.4.11 Picture by Jamie Forbes
Rob Roy v Pollock at Adamslie Park 9.4.11 Picture by Jamie Forbes

ROB Roy and Pollok fought out a four-goal draw, but the Adamslie Park side will look on this as two points lost rather than one gained after dominating the second half, but again failing to take their chances.

Rob Roy.............. 2

Pollok............... 2

West of Scotland Premier Division

Pollok took an eighth-minute lead when an in-swinging Crilly corner from the left was met by Roddy Hunter who crashed his shot off the underside of the bar and into the net.

It took Rabs only five minutes to get back on level terms when Craig Feroz sent the speedy MacKay free on the left wing before sprinting into the goalmouth to meet the winger’s low cross – knocking the ball past keeper Morrison (pictured).

Rabs keeper McNeil did well to push a powerful Diack shot out for a corner then at the other end Feroz brought out a good save from Morrison. Five minutes before the break Pollok again grabbed the lead when Diack sent an angled shot past McNeil.

On the stroke of half-time Rabs should have equalised when Feroz sent an inviting cross into the goal-mouth, but it found no takers and the chance was lost.

With five minutes gone in the second half Pollok should have extended their lead when Hardie fired over the bar from close range. Pollok defender Rennie was causing problems to the home defence with his long throw-ins and from one of them McKenzie tested McNeil.

Rabs began to take control.Substitute Craig, through on goal, fired straight at Morrison.

McQuilken then sent a volley over the bar before Craig was unlucky to see his drive deflected for a corner. Pollok keeper Morrison had to be alert to deal with a McQuilken 30-yard shot as Rob Roy piled on the pressure.

Rabs continued to press and with 17 minutes left to play claimed the reward their play richly deserved when Craig Feroz notched his second – leaving the Pollok keeper helpless with a bullet header from a Gary Gow corner kick.

In the final minutes a long Carter free-kick caused problems in the visitors’ defence. The home side, however, survived a late scare when a McKenzie effort was deflected over the bar. The resultant corner was mopped up by the home defence.

Rob Roy: McNeil, Dunlop, Sheridan, Carter, McGregor, Upton (Gow 68), McMenamin (McCue 45), McQuilken, Feroz, Zok (Craig 45), MacKay. Subs not used;- Palmer, Martins, Sinclair, Wilson.